Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekend Scrapping

Whilst the cars went round and round at Bathurst, the thunder rumbled along in the distance and the rain couldn't decide whether to fall or not, I managed to make a start on this months challenges around blog land.
First up - White With 1 - Criteria was white with black and paint / mists.
Regan enjoyed his early morning surfs at Brooms Head. He loved that he could just go for surf whenever he wanted whilst we were away. Surfing 4 or 5 times a day takes it's toll and makes for a very tired boy at the end of the day. Early to bed ready to start the next day again at sunrise.

Next was Challenge Heaven - Ebony and Ivory Challenge - Criteria Black or White with Pink and Purple plus lace.
Kaleah taking a leisurley stroll along the beach at Brooms Head.

And lastly (and not really happy with this layout) Kraft it Up. The criteria was to use Kraft background with 1 of the following styles - minimilist / monochromatic colour scheme or Romantic, Shabby Chic, Vintage. One would have thought that I would be comfortable with the minimilistic style considering most of my layouts are very basic, but even for me this layout is plain (even after I added the glimmer mist over the tree stencil)
A cheeky Beau at the park just before turning 4.

7 comments:

Di Garling said...

Hi Kylene, love all three pages. I just saw on your profile that your sons name is Beau. I also have a son called Beau but unlike your young guy my son is 32yrs old. You don't hear of many though. Great name. Love it. Cheers Di xx

Debbie Smith said...

Kylene your pages are lovely! I love your minimalist style for the Kraft It up challenge and the tree embellishment teams beautifully with the misted tree stencil. Love it! Thanks for playing with us at KIU xox

Felicity Ives said...

fantastic grungy ww1 layout, always looking for new ways to scrap my son, love this one

Rachael Funnell said...

3 GORGEOUS Layouts!!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE your Background on your KIU Layout...
THANKS SO Much for Sharing with US over @ KIU!!!!!! xx

Cathy said...

Hi Kye.. loving all your LO's!! The masking on your KIU page looks fabulous and what a sweet photo! Thanks so much for joining in at KIU this month :)) take care

lindy said...

Love the grunge look on the ww1 page ...just fantastic work

Paula said...

Holy crap...can't believe Beau is 4, how time flies!
All your layouts are fantastic! I especially love the WW1...fantastic photos & I love the blk with the surf photos. I also love those splatters :)