Thursday, January 27, 2011

Rising Waters Flood Appeal

Having been without a computer for the past 2 weeks or so, I am late in getting this up. But if you haven't already heard, and can offer some assistance, your help is always greatly appreciated.

Thanks Sharryn for your kindness in setting this up. I know that many families will be very appreciative at this difficult time.

Here is Sharryn's blog Rising Waters Flood Appeal


Hi all,
Like most of you I am sitting here watching the TV absolutely devastated at what is going on in Queensland at the moment.
Going through my Facebook news feed is just heart breaking reading about friends being evacuated from their homes and loved ones being stranded and not being able to get home.
Watching the You Tube footage of people that have filmed live is like watching a horror movie.
I just feel so helpless.

So I have decided to organise a 'Memory Gift' blog for the flood victims many of whom have lost everything. Many of them have lost their homes, their businesses and some...their loved ones. They have nothing but the clothes on their backs.
Even when the rain stops and the floods go away there will be the devastating carnage to face and I'd like to think that we, as crafters, can do something that might bring a smile back to their faces and let them know that as Australians we are here to support our own.

I am asking that you scrap a page that will be appropriate to go into a memory album for a family so that all they need to do is add photos. Hopefully they will have friends and family who can supply them with photos as no doubt they will all be lost too.
If you aren't a scrapbooker, don't worry you won't miss out, you could make a card for a family or a small gift that could also be passed on. I'm sure anything you make will be greatly appreciated by the flood victims.

I will keep this blog updated regularly with news of where we are up too and whats happening with the albums and if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear from you.
My email address is tisher_6@hotmail.com so please just drop me a line.

Let's get together crafters and bring some relief, however small, to our fellow Australians who are going through this horrible ordeal right now.

for those of you that live in Queensland please now that our prayers, thoughts and love is with you at this time.
Stay safe,
Sharryn
xx

No comments: